So I got in to Lima wicked late last night and I still haven´t quite recovered. I went to my first day of Spanish class and the place is legit and it was exhausting working my brain for 4 hours straight. It is different here and I am not quite used to it. It is really overcast but not cold like Scotland. It doesn't burn off like in California though. Sort of sad. I haven't met people quite as easily as in other places but that might just possibly be because my infinite charm is dampened by my lack of Spanish skills. We will never know. I'm not worried. I found the climbing gym too. Of course. I am going to check out more stuff this evening. A couple of funny things that happened today:
A cute girl smiled me, right in the face (It's rare enough to be a big deal)
I saw a guy that could be no younger than 18 rocking a Twilight New Moon shirt like it was the coolest thing ever. Not sure what the deal is with that.
I ate this thing that was like a potato salad except that it was potato and carrots and beets in a purple sauce. Like the brightest purple you've ever seen. With half a boiled egg on top. Crazy. I'll put up pictures soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

whats the climbing gym like?
ReplyDeletekeep writing. ill read it even if I dont type stuff. hang in there, you will meet folks, you're an extroverted sob.
-Ben