Sunday, July 4, 2010

climbing and stuff

So climbing today was really cool. There is literally rock everywhere and it's all limestone. It's a lot like home in fact. The closest rock is in this public park in an area known as the Sacred Valley and it's prohibited to climb there. Feels like Texas: limestone and keeping a look out while you climb. The quality is really good and one of the problems me and my friend Jorge climbed on was in the middle of these Inca ruins that at one point was a temple to a Monkey god. BA right? and the line was super ascetic.

Anyways tomorrow I have to get my tuccus (?) up at like 4:45 am to get picked up for my Inca trail trip. Everyone on it is American so that's nice sort of. Not really actually. I like to mix it up. That being said they all seem very nice but it will be sort of weird because at the meeting tonight I found out that every single person but me is having a porter carry some of their stuff. I'm also the only guy with his own sleeping bag and camping mattress. Will there be a lot of complaining on the second day when (gasp!) we actually go up hill? Maybe. We shall see. I'm just stoked to watch all the porters just cruise past us carrying someone else's crap in a blanket on their back. As you can imagine, the description of the trail seems super posh as well but I'm still really excited because all I've heard about the whole experience is good things. I will tell you how awesome Macchu Picchu is, I promise. Until then.

2 comments:

  1. Machupichhu is stunning, proud it`s one of the seven wonders now. I´m sure you'll be fine in the Inca Trail, have fun! The girls (Carla, Maria Laura) and me are finally going rafting this Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn. you have been busy and I have some catching up to do, reading wise that is.

    this is good though, means you are having fun. all is well in tyler. When do you get back in to the US?

    take care brother

    ReplyDelete