Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ollantaytambo and climbing

So over the past three days, including Friday when I posted the first MP installment, I have gone climbing, visited another sight of ruins and climbed some more.

On Friday I recovered from my trek by sleeping in, and in the afternoon I went with one of my buds from the alpine club in Cusco to a climing area called Los Techos or 'The Roofs'. They were really cool and I worked on this one really beautiful long problem through, who would have thought, a roof. Fell three times at the finishing move. Lame. Sauce.

Yesterday I went to another site of Incan ruins in the city of Ollantaytambo in the sacred valley. I really enjoyed it a lot because here there are granite blocks of all different sizes that have perfect right angles. Granite is hard you know? And the way they carved it was just with simple tools. The place was just cool looking in general. Also this sight is important because of the way the sun light comes into the structure and because it was the sight of a famous battle between the Incas and Spanish. You may be wondering what it looks like and where the pictures are. I forgot my camera cable for the computer. What's more, my camera ran out of battery half way through yesterday. I'll try and get the pics I do have up soon. When I do I will talk more about my whole experience yesterday, which was pretty cool and funny at the same time.

Today I went climbing again with another friend. We went to a different area and we actually found a new boulder problem and sent it. I also went back and sent my project at Los Techos. Then I went and at lunch while watching the World Cup. GOOOOO Spain! I thought it was a good, exciting game. My whole lunch today including soup, main course, dessert, drink, 21 ounce beer (compare to a 12 oz can in the states), and another ice cream during the game cost approximately 5 dollars. Wicked cheap. And awesome. Then I tried to take money out to get ready for leaving tomorrow and my card won't work at the ATM. I don't know what the deal is but I am going to figure something out. Until Lima, PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment